Marylou Scofield, Esq - Killington & Ludlow - 802 775-6811
My Background Highlights
- B.A., Hunter College of the City University of New York
- Law Degree, Fordham University School of Law, New York
- Editor-in-Chief, Fordham Environmental Law Journal
- Town Attorney, Town of Pittsfield in Vermont
- Admitted to practice in Vermont, Connecticut, and New York
- Over 20 years of legal experience serving both public and privatesector clients in New York,Connecticut and Vermont
- Member, Vermont Bar Association
- Agent, VT Attorney's Title Corporation
- Treasurer, Board of Directors Executive Committee, KPAA
Killington Pico Area Asssociation (Chamber of Commerce)
- Member, Okemo Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Sherburne Womens Club
- Member, Audi Club of North America, Northeast Chapter
- Official, United States Cycling Association
- Member, Connecticut Special Olympics Cycling Committee
- Member, Killington Outdoor Adventure Club
- Prior Experience
- Served as Deputy Corporation Counsel to the City of New Haven in Connecticut
- Worked at the US Attorneys Office Civil Divison and in private practice in New York City
- Served as Counsel in the Municipal Law and Regulatory Department of Murtha, Cullina, PC in CT
- Represented municipal clients in the areas of general municipal law and governance, litigation, land use and administrative law and regulatory compliance
- Experise in the area of real estate property law, handling commercial and residential real estate transactions, foreclosure and bankruptcy law, tax appeals, mechanics liens and collections for commercial and individual clients, and estate probate practise
I founded Marylou Scofield, PC in 2013 after accumulating almost 20 years of legal experience in New York and Connecticut serving governmental, commercial and individual clients. The Firm's goal is to offer top level real estate services as well as general legal services and estate and probate work as needed to individuals and small business entities living and operating in this beautiful part of the Northeast. In addition, I provide legal services to municipal clients in the central Vermont region.
Prior to founding my Vermont Law Practice, I worked with Attorney John Lorentz of Killington, who had been specializing in real estate law for 35 years. I continue to specialize in the vacation home market as well as carry on with Attorney Lorentz's practice and office location upon his retirement, so that there will be no interruption in legal services to current clients owning or purchasing property in the greater Killington and Okemo Region.
Why Choose Me to Represent You?
I will take the time to understand your personal and business legal needs in order to provide you with excellent services, high-quality legal work and cost-effective results. After practicing law for over twenty years, I have learned that the greatest reward is the repeat business that comes from loyal clients who appreciate these qualities in an attorney.I can also provide cost-effective services and be flexible when asked to entertain alternative fees when that may be in your best interest. I will tailor my efforts to fit your needs. Need a quick response? You`ll get it. Have a complex issue? I will address each nuance. Your issue is my issue... Your success is my success.
Contact Me for Your Legal NeedsMy law firm, Marylou Scofield. P.C. is located at 335 Killington Road, about a quarter of a mile from the Route 4 intersection; My office is on the left side as you drive up the Access Road.Stop by and say helloor call to schedule your appointment today.
TestimonialsAll the best. You remained calm and level-headed throughout. Thanks, - Janet from New York, August 2017
I really appreciated all your work. I will be sure to recommend you to someone looking for representation in your area. - Paul from New Jersey, May 2016
Marylou, Great job and thank you. We will recommend you to any one we know purchasing something in the Killington area. - Ken and Taryn from New York, April 2016
Thank you so much Marylou - it was a pleasure working with you! You made the entire process easy and stress-free. - Lisa from New Jersey, April 2016
Marylou Scofield, PCAttorney at Lawserving the Killington and Ludlow Region335 Killington Road P.O. Box 102Killington, Vermont 05751802 775-6811 (office)802 779-2321 (cell)802 773-4106 (fax)email@example.com